Changing unproductive meeting culture can be tough. Working with MLI to develop a customized training solution is a solid way to invest in your organiziation.
BAD MEETINGS ARE HURTING YOUR ORGANIZATION
Are inefficient meetings lowering your profitability because:
- Nobody understands the actual cost of ineffective meetings?
- Your meetings aren't actually driving your strategic objectives?
- Overall productivity is way down because people hate going to meetings?
It's time to stop the meeting madness!
STEP 1: TALK AND LEARN
- We'll talk with you to get an understanding of your organizational strengths and weaknesses
- We'll work with you to understand the actual productivity level of your meetings, and how those meetings are affecting your overall profitability
- Once we have a thorough grasp, we'll recommend a clear way to move forward
STEP 2: PLAN FOR ACTION
We'll explain what's going to happen in this customized training approach, and then create a unique plan to suit your needs. This action plan will include:
- Pre-interviews: One of our experienced trainers will pre-interview key people on your team, to get an understanding about what's really going on in your meetings, and your organization
- Confidentiality: This will be done with complete confidentiality – and ultimately the trainer will only address issues during the training (and not refer to the specific people who brought them up. Why do pre-interviews? Because then we don't waste any time in ‘discovery' on the day of the training itself
- Questions and concerns: We'll also be ready to address any other questions you may have before you make this training investment
STEP 3: TAKE ACTION
Our experienced trainer/consultant will work directly with you and your team at your location. We'll execute your customized plan for action in a timely fashion and include the following services.
- SWOT analysis – as in doing a full gathering and summary of your organizational Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats
- Stakeholder analysis – in which we'll identify all key players that affect your organization, make recommendations for improvments
- Meeting Inventory – as in, we'll make a list of all the meetings that take place within your organization, and help you understand which ones to cut, and which ones to keep (especially when it comes to innovation and product development
- We'll be in constant contact with your senior leaders to keep them up to date on the progress of this customized training
- We'll fully integrate our 10-Step Meeting Leadership Development System into the entire process
Here's an introduction to the 10-Step Meeting Leadership Development System you'll learn to help you improve your meetings.
STEP 1. Get Real With Yourself
In this step you'll discover techniques that will help you take responsibility for how you act during a meeting. So whether you're the facilitator or a participant, the techniques you learn in step 1 will make you more effective in every meeting you attend.
Step 2: Get Real With Your Team
In this step you'll find practical ways to help you build trust with your meeting teammates. From effective listening techniques, to ensuring that you know how to fight effectively, the techniques you'll learn in this section will increase productivity in your meetings.
Step 3: Know Your Total Meeting Cost
How much are you spending per hour to meet with your team? This section will help you figure out how to measure the actual cost of a meeting which will then allow you to determine whether or not your meetings are actually worth having.
Step 4: Get A Great Facilitator
In this step you'll learn how to rate your current meeting leader. Once you determine their competency level, then you can decide whether or not they ‘gotta grow' or ‘gotta go'.
Step 5: Link The Meeting To Your Strategy
Find out how you can stop any meeting, at any moment, and connect that moment directly to your organizational strategy. Once you learn this and apply this powerful technique, your meetings will give you a competitive edge within your industry.
Step 6: Build A Blockbuster AGENDA
Imagine what it would be like if every one of your meetings was as exciting as your favourite Hollywood blockbuster movie? Well, in step 6 you'll find out how to do just that by creating inspiring agendas in a new and unique way.
Step 7: Meet In The Right Space
Where you meet matters as much as what you are meeting about. So step 7 will help you consider everything you need to create an exceptional meeting space that inspires your team to achieve greatness during meetings.
Step 8: Get Awesome Meeting Resources
No two meetings are the same. What worked for you last time may not work for you again. Because of this you need a variety of tools to help you optimize every meeting you attend. As a result, step 8 offers great book titles, articles, and links to information and inspiration that will help you make your next meeting exceptional.
Step 9: Follow Up FAST
Want to make more money? Have happier customers? Engaged staff? A more effective Board? Then you will want to learn to use our FAST techniques after every meeting you attend.
Step 10: Take Action and get inspired!
In this step we'll help you to figure out how to get inspired so you can ultimately improve your meeting culture.
STEP 4: ONGOING ACCOUNTABILITY AND SUPPORT
- After the training we'll follow-up to make sure this customized training is being put into action
- We'll also be available to offer support and additional resources as needed